Fan Builder is here!
October 19, 2020
Fan Builder is the easiest way for artists to place ads on social media. Digital ads have a really steep learning curve, and so we've designed a system to take away many of the complicated parts of placing, targeting and understanding ads on Facebook and Instagram. We've been having some awesome results with a small group of early-access users, and are now inviting more artists to start using the feature.
So what is Fan Builder?
Fan Builder is the easiest way for artists to place ads on social media. Digital ads have a really steep learning curve, and so we've designed a system to take away many of the complicated parts of placing, targeting and understanding ads on Facebook and Instagram.
We've been having some awesome results with a small group of early-access users, and are now inviting more artists to start using the feature.
Why should I use digital ads?
As an artist there are 2 main benefits to using digital ads:
1.They can open up your music to a whole new audience that you would have struggled to reach by just posting on your Facebook and Instagram pages. You don't have to rely on your existing followers sharing your content with their friends and family. Instead, you can pay to insert your content into the feeds and stories of people who are most likely to like your music.
You'll see these ads all the time when you're scrolling through social media. It might even be where you first heard about Beatchain!
2. You might want to place ads in front of your own followers in case they missed your organic posts. This is most useful when you want your fans to perform a certain action e.g. buy tickets to your show, join your mailing list or stream/presave your new release.
How is Fan Builder different to placing ads directly on Facebook and Instagram?
Facebook Business Manager is a very powerful tool, but there's so much choice of different goals, audiences, buttons and placements that it can be overwhelming to a first time user. We've designed Fan Builder to make many of those decisions for you, with tried and tested campaign templates for appealing to music fans. Fan Builder automatically identifies the best audiences to target your ads to, based on data from your social media and streaming profiles. The more profiles you connect, the better our targeting gets!All you need to do is choose a goal you'd like to achieve, set a budget and duration, add your content and press publish. We'll take care of the rest!
There's plenty of crossover with other Beatchain features too to help you get ads up and running fast:
- If you've distributed with Beatchain, you can run a Spotify pre-save campaign to get your music straight into your fan's libraries playlists on release day
- You can use content from your Media Library in your ads
- We'll show you the most successful posts from your Insights page, as you might want to consider promoting these.
Once your ad is running, we'll pick out the most important bits of data for you to look at, so you can understand how successful your campaign is at achieving your chosen goal.
What will I need to get started with Fan Builder?
In order to start placing ads on Facebook and Instagram, you will need:
- A free personal Facebook Account
- A free Facebook Business Page for your artist
- A payment method added to your Facebook Business Page
- Some budget to spend on ads (you can get started from as little as $5)
- A Beatchain account connected to your Facebook (required) and Insta (optional)
You'll also need some engaging video content and/or a live HypeLink/presave link to promote.
Once you have all these, you can apply to join the Fan Builder beta from the Marketing Tab.Just answer a few questions about yourself as an artist, and we'll be in touch when we're ready to let you start using it!
Not got a Beatchain account yet? Sign up for free